Monday 23 January 2012

....introducing Emet!




This is Emet....say hello Emet! (insert Elephant sound here)

This elephant is part of the reason why I am writing my first ever blog post.... something I honestly never thought I would do.

One day I stepped on this plastic elephant while in the shower, and yes it hurt....a lot! (as he is a brute of a thing) and has now injured Cam and I on several occasions. I came out of the shower and announced "I just stepped on an elephant!" while at the same time stopping to realise that exclamations like these have now become the norm, which before would have sounded absurd.....but our life has certainly changed since the arrival of Oskar (who turns 3 in May). 

Everyday seems to be a mad rush to fit everything in and I hope that this will remind me to stop a while and ensure I take some time to reflect on the challenges,  acknowledge  the changes, appreciate the little surprises and record the milestones and fun along the way. I have tried to keep a diary of all these things and even bought a cute little diary online which simply asks for one line a day....just one!...and do you think I could keep up with that!?....pathetic really.

So this is the start of my blog, as a way to keep a journal for myself while at the same time keeping my interstate family and friends up to date with us and our growing family...all in one convenient location for everyone (who wants to) to see!

I am also not ashamed to admit that I have the worst memory....the worst! (Em can vouch for that) So I do really need this record for me, otherwise I will simply forget what happened and when. I am hoping that a public announcement of my diary keeping will ensure I keep it up.....here's hoping anyway.

It will be randomly updated once or twice a week, so read it if you choose, or just look at the pretty pictures....which I can predict will be mostly of Oskar.

FYI- Oskar can't say Elephant correctly, so Emet it is....... until the day comes where I can write that he can now say elephant!!

Stay tuned.




1 comment:

c_for_court said...

as your first official follower and commenter i say... good stuff!! you're right, you publicly announced it so you have to keep blogging. that's the rules.

looking forward to hearing all your stories, even if they're ones i've already heard on the phone. you have to read AND listen to my stories so it's time to repay the favour.

x