Monday 5 March 2012

How to Toilet Train a Tiger......

Firstly, this is a question not a statement....How the hell do you toilet train a tiger? coz at the moment Oskar has been one all week and this weekend was toilet training central in the jungle we call home. 

                                     
Crouching Tiger
(He seriously has not taken this tail off all week......... he even sleeps in it). 

He is 3 in May so we figured we better give it a solid go again and see how he goes. He has been showing signs every now and then that he may be ready , but when we removed the nappy and let the little tiger run free in the past, we ended up with pee everywhere!!! However, it has been a while since our last solid try  while it it still warm enough for him to get around in just underpants outside.

The reward- a snake every time he used the toilet and the promise of a special present at the end of the week. 

Day one- Saturday....not so good. 2 big accidents through the house, and just when I thought he was getting it, I saw that strained expression on his face as we were outside in the garage....no Oskar no wait!!!...too late mum......... off we waddled for a hose down.

What did I expect though, day one to be a breeze and oskar to control his bowels in one day after 3 years of just going when he felt like it!? common mum you are smarted than that. No, I was expecting some mess, but it's never fun having to clean it up.....and it appears I have started talking to myself in text!

Day Two however was amazing! He actually let us know before going, and had no accidents all day! and he did this with a house full of friends we had over over for morning tea. What a champ and what a difference a day makes hey! I think I need to put a poster up in our house to remind myself that anything can happen in a day. He was so excited too every time he went. We laughed and cheered and his face lit up when he used the toilet  yelling 'I did it I did it!'.......... so cute. 

Laughing Tiger

Which brings us to Day 3......not so good. Out came the mop and bucket again, which again reminds me that anything can happen in a day. But the day is not over and we will persevere and I will toilet train this tiger of mine.

PS. Thanks Em for the tiger tail idea. As you can see he loves it.




No comments: