Saturday 17 November 2012

Look Away Now Mum!

Seriously mum...if you really want some surprise when you get here..... do not read on or look any further.

I have finally finished the nursery!....well nearly.

I certainly feel like I have left work mode behind now and am feeling much more relaxed now for ladybug to arrive.

This is what I have been having fun with for the last 2 weeks.

It began with this........not so much fun...

Then started to feel like I was getting somewhere......

and now it's my favourite room in the house which I just love to sit in....and ponder. 



I think I need to steal some more swatches to finish the rainbow wall , sew some cushions, cover a foot stool and then we are done.....all that is missing is our little ladybug!

I felt bad that I had put so much time in to this room while Oskar's room had been neglected for so long, so I decided to redo is room while I was at it. I forgot to take a before shot, but it certainly looks a whole lot better. I also thought it would help any jealousy that may arise with him getting some makeover attention too! He was sooo excited when he saw it and dragged Cam into the room as soon as he got home too to show off his new room, so I think it worked. 

For Oskar's room I got out my trusty green machine....

and firstly updated his bed canopy from this....


to this...

..and with a few extra moves and updates, it now feels less like a baby's room and Oskar loves it, which is the main thing.  




2 comments:

c_for_court said...

I love it! You've got such a good eye, you should be a designer! Oskar's room looks so good too.

6 days until official dd.... Oh my god she's nearly here!!!

littlepoppywonders said...

It all looks so wonderful! Well done & how exiting!

You've inspired me so I've posted Poppy's room pics too!

PS still trying to work out how I can build in a post about my peony roses & link it to poppy....